Project Management : Reopening of Avignon Sorgues – Carpentras line
The French railway network RFF wished to modernise the railway line located in the department of Vaucluse and connecting Sorgues to Carpentras. This 16-km line will eventually link Carpentras and the fast speed TGV train station at Avignon.
The main objectives of the task are:
- To reinstate the line’s original rail speed,
- To sustainably maintain the line in use.
The study looked at various single-span concrete or stone structures with modest apertures (approximately 1 m to 20 m) and at old-generation metal decks.
Client & Project Manager
Carrying out complete project management to, firstly, determine the structures’ existing capacity to meet the program requirements (replacement of 7 decks), and, secondly, to rank the structures according to their condition and the feasibility of financing the works.
- Restoration of 65 engineering structures and hydraulic structures.
- 16 selected structures
Within the project management consortium, DIADES was required to provide complete project management (planning + works) of the renovation of engineering structures in order to restore the railways tracks between Sorgues and Carpentras, to include:
- The pre-project,
- Recalculation of existing structures,
- Preparing the specifications for specific additional investigations such as underwater investigations,
- Running specific investigations,
- Running the asbestos and lead diagnosis on existing structures,
- Ranking recommendations according to technical, safety and financial perspectives.
- Project studies,
- Tender documents,
- Assistance in awarding contracts,
- Project conformity assessment and approval of working plans,
- Supervision of works,
- Approval of works upon completion